"The first five decades, the “joyful mysteries”, are marked by the joy radiating from the event of the Incarnation. This is clear from the very first mystery, the Annunciation, where Gabriel's greeting to the Virgin of Nazareth is linked to an invitation to messianic joy: “Rejoice, Mary”. The whole of salvation history, in some sense the entire history of the world, has led up to this greeting. If it is the Father's plan to unite all things in Christ (cf. Eph 1:10), then the whole of the universe is in some way touched by the divine favour with which the Father looks upon Mary and makes her the Mother of his Son. The whole of humanity, in turn, is embraced by the fiat with which she readily agrees to the will of God." -- Saint Pope John Paul II in his 2002 Apostolic Letter, Rosarium Virginis Mariae
"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.
He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of his arm,
he has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel,
for he has remembered his promise of mercy,
The promise he made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children for ever." Luke 1:46-55, The Canticle of Mary/The Magnificat
Our new Joyful Mysteries Rosary -- part of Ghirelli's exclusive and original Mysteries Of The Rosary Collection -- begins with Our Blessed Mother in a perfect act of humility and of profound humble adoration, inviting us to also participate in God's plan of salvation ... by simply saying "yes."
Medals in our Joyful Mysteries Rosary present in great depth and detail all five of the Joyful Mysteries:
The Annunciation of the Angel to Mary
The Visitation of Mary to Saint Elizabeth
The Nativity of Jesus in Bethlehem
The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
The Finding of Jesus in the Temple
The Joyful Mysteries Rosary includes:
* Round 6mm Bohemian Glass beads, in white color
* Two-tone and two-piece Crucifix in antique silver and antique copper finish
* The Decade components, with each individual Mystery numbered in order, includes a 3D highly detailed image depicting the specific Mystery on one side, and text announcement of the specific Mystery on the reverse side. Also in two-tone and two-piece antique silver and antique copper finish
* High quality components and craftsmanship
* Crucifix Size: 1 1/4" x 3/4"
* Center Medal Size: 3/4" x 3/4"; Other Medal Size: 5/8" x 5/8"
* Durable lock-linking chain
* Double circular ring attachments
* An exclusive Ghirelli design
* Faux leatherette pouch included
* Approximately 22”
* International Guarantee included
* MADE IN ITALY